Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 28, 2015 - Photo of The Day

Kim and I are still in Ocean City, Maryland and though I wasn't convinced it would the sun finally arrived too. Of course it brought a lot of wind and cold weather with it. Some snow too. But even in all of this I managed to grab a lot of photos. And I got some really good one's too. Today I would like to share a few with you. So let's get right to it shall we?

These first two were shot right off the Ocean City Boardwalk.


I actually shot a similar photo of this jetty a few years back. It was good but I have been wanting to redo it for a while. I'm not 100 percent sure that I am satisfied with this but I have plenty of shots to work with. I may share an updated version later on.


This is a different and smaller jetty about 6 or 7 blocks away from the first one.

I grabbed this next shot after I happened to look up and saw that the sun was apparently muted in the clouds and atmosphere. Truthfully I do not know what causes this and will have to read up on it. What I do know is that when it does happen it is nice to have my camera ready.


Yes. That is the sun. Kind of looks like the moon doesn't it?

Now this last shot was made when we took a drive over to Assateague Island. I am actually quite amazed that it came out as good as it did. When I shot this it was very cold and windy. I am talking about 37° with 30 MPH winds. Not friendly for holding a camera still and even more difficult at a long zoom. This horse was about 50 yards away.


I am sure most of you know about the wild horses of Assateague but for those who don't you can check out this link. This is one of about 120 wild horses on the northern part of the island.

And before I go we have today's "Amaryllis Watch" photo. Now I am obviously not at home and could not shoot this myself. So for today I have a "guest photographer". Our son Terry sent me a picture he shot with his IPhone. Being that it was sent in a text and of course compressed it became slightly degraded but you will get the idea. It is really starting to bloom. I am sure that by tomorrow it will be fully open. Thanks for the assistance Terry!


And I have one more thing to show you. Here is a video of our drive through Assateague.


Assateague Drive <<< Click Here



And that is all for now folks. I thank you for stopping by and reading (and of course looking). Please be sure to come back real soon. I have a lot more to share.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. It does look like the moon! I love the jetty,especially the smaller one. It would be a great place for some quiet contemplation,to
    just listen to the waves.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite time at the beach is early in the morning. Very quiet and peaceful.

      Delete