Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28, 2014 - Photo Of The Day

Yesterday I shared a couple photos that I shot of the "Witness Tree" at Pawlings Farm in Valley Forge. Photographing the tree was my main goal but when I got to the park the sun was setting and there was a lot of opportunity to capture some nice images. So today I would like to share a few of them with you. I hope you enjoy these.


This is a trail that I often walk when I visit. In the background is an old farmhouse. In the Summer months there is a lot of foliage and you cannot see the house. Not from this location anyway.


I'm not sure what this building is or what it was used for. It is in a field directly across from the farmhouse. Probably about 50 yards away. Maybe a shed? I shot this in color but somehow that just didn't do it justice. To me it was meant to be black and white. Just like this next photo.


Actually this looked pretty good in color too and I may share that version at another time. Perhaps in the Facebook Group. This is the barn. A very large barn located near the farmhouse. It was constructed in 1826 with addition added in 1845. I would love to be able to see inside but I'm sure that won't be possible. Maybe someday it will be preserved but for now it's fenced off.

And that will do it for today folks. I have more to share from my visit to Pawlings Farm so please stop back soon. Thanks for reading. If you enjoy my blog please consider sharing it with your friends. Also feel free to use the comments section. I'd love to hear from you.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to take me there sometime. I always feel sad to see old unused buildings that were once so full of life.

    ReplyDelete